Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moving right along...

Got some more info from the downtown bar guy. He seems quite motivated. (Must be all that debt he referred to!)

He sent some cost/income numbers, and they were pretty pathetic. There was so much missing, plus his net profit looked to be about US$2500 per month, provided he's not fluffing things up, which is quite possible.

Not exactly rolling in dough there, I'd say!

Nevertheless, we clearly would not run the place as he does, and in fact would change EVERYTHING from the name to the layout to the menu and more. So it's still an interesting idea.

What I'm trying to figure out now (among 10,000 other things) is whether or not his equipment and "rights to the space" are worth his asking price. Since he doesn't own the building, (the space is leased in something like a mall/office building) we really aren't buying much of substance from him.

Hmmm....

And then there are the questions of licensing - business licensing, liquor licensing, etcetera. I have no clue how this stuff works. Yikes, there is SO MUCH yet to learn!

So today's step was emailing one successful restauranteur that I have met in Honduras (she is located in Copan Ruinas, far enough away to hopefully not consider me a threat) and ask her some of these questions. I have no idea how receptive she will be... but I'm hoping!

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Honduras is a pretty fun place to live, in my opinion. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home