Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Can I just say...

...That today did NOT BEGIN WELL????

Oh mama.

So today is inspection day. (i.e. my buyer is going through the building with an inspector for the purposes of verifying that it's not, in fact, a total peice of crap.)

As I'm going out my front door to give the apt keys to the buyer, I hear the inspector begin a rant about the quality of my concrete steps. Ay, we're starting off well, eh? It get's better! As I'm going back into my apartment, I notice a note taped to my door:

Dear Connie,
I don't know what happened but there's water coming into our
kitchen from above and our ceiling has a big crack in it! Can you
fix?

Sincerely,
Jeanne

Ohhhhhh... boy. I snatched that note off with the quickness and glanced around guiltily.

Why todayyyyyyyyyyyy????

And THEN, the check engine light comes on in my car. I have no clue wtf that is about, but I guess I need to fix it before another potential buyer comes to look at it... grrr...

whywhywhy????

ACK!

9 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

I think you should get yourself to the local voodoo exorcist immediately.

Oh and take two aspirin as well.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

For real.

I'm hyperventilating now.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger DON GODO said...

TRY A DOUBLE SHOT OF 'FLOR DE CANA'

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

***Update***

Went to fix roof with LL, inadvertenty stuck finger in wasps' nest, ended up in hospital.

Yeehaw!

Phoenix, do you KNOW a voodoo doctor? If so I need their cell # NOW.

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Nairobi Paul said...

Hang in there!

Remember that you're not far from your goal - but it may seem like a long way from where you are at the moment.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger La Gringa said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a bad day but tomorrow is just bound to better!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

Thanks guys, everything is indeed better today! The buyer (my tenant) said everything is cool, and he's not backing out over a little leak... phew! (He's a really laid-back guy, and very excited about the place so I should have known.)

And I'm gonna nuke that wasps' today!!!

(and make a note to find out if I can get adrenalin syringes over the counter in La Ceiba, haha!)

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Gardener in Mexico said...

I just noticed your blog, linked from La Gringa's. I really enjoyed readingit. Good luck on this next step in your life.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

Thanks GIM, I have been lurking on your blog for a while now myself, hehehe....

I really appreciate your wishes. After this week, it seems that I need all the good energy I can get!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home