Wednesday, September 06, 2006

RESTLESS!

I am soooooo ready to go.

It might be the weather, or the fact that I look at the vegetables in my garden and wonder if I should cut them now or later (small zukes rock!) because maybe I won't be around to see them to maturity...

Or maybe it's the fact that my house is ready to go, the showings abound, and my once-vociferous email campaign to people in Honduras is petering out as I am now repeatedly told "well you really just have to get down here to get the answers you want..."

I wanna GO NOWWWWWW!

dammit.

I am bored. I am restless. I still have two cars to sell and nobody's biting. Argh.

Nevertheless, I dutifully tapped out a few more emails today, and am hopeful about gaining further info. The most recent correspondence relates to suppliers for the retail portion of the shop. I emailed a coffee producer (still gonna hit a couple more) to enquire about bulk purchases as well as whether fully-automatic esspresso machines can be used in Honduras, where potable water is an issue. I also emailed another store owner (in Copan, hopefully far enough away to not consider me competition) to ask about her contacts with local villagers who produce unique handicrafts that I would like to buy.

Oh, and of course I still have emails pending (e.g. unanswered) with a few lawyers.

So now I am just sitting around, tapping my foot, hoping for something to happen.

Gawwwwwd, I am impatient!

8 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Liar_Liar said...

they can be used.

water is heated enough to kill the micro organisms. Run it through normal filtering to remove sediment and whammo...... esspresso

Just thought it out right now :)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger La Gringa said...

We use a special type of water pump that is made for water bottles to fill the ice maker and water dispenser of the fridge.

Are you sure you want to sell your cars? Cars are more expensive here.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

We have been researching the car thing, and we will most likely bring a Toyota of some sort. They seem to be the most common down there, and ostensibly easiest to have repaired. Right now I have Euro-made vehicles, so they might suck for maintenance. (But maybe I'm wrong??? I will do some more research!)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger DON GODO said...

Throughout Honduras, the main coffee shop is 'espresso americano' (they are everywhere in Tegucigalpa), and they use normal expresso machines. I guess if you live there long enough, you get used to the water. Right?

My wife bought a new 2006 Hyundai Sante Fe this past summer, turbo diesel, because gas is expensive, and it was $25,000 including all taxes and fees. I think this is comprable with US prices. As far as European cars, they have VW, BMW and Mercedes dealers, but what surprised me is that the best selling European cars are Peaugeot and Renault. Evidently, the Hondurans are not paranoid about the superiority of French culture the way Americans seem to be (Remember Freedom Fries?!!)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

I talked to the lying bastard yesterday. I am really excited for you both.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

Try unloading your cars at CarMax- that's what we did when we left the country and it was soooo easy and profitable!

I sympathise with your need to have things happen!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Rantirator said...

Thanks Leanne, I will check that out!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

Oops, posted as the wrong "me"

(bfc = Rantirator... but not for much longer)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home