Sunday, September 10, 2006

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

The Bundu Cafe (on Utila) is for sale.

Why can't there be anything like this in La Ceiba?

This is a wayyyyy better deal than "the gringo bar" even though the sale price is higher. The rent is half, and they do FIVE YEAR LEASES, and the place clearly cashflows, even on minimalistic hours of operation. (I've been there a few times, and it IS a good spot.)

AND they have
commercial grade equipment, unlike my dear Bobby at the gringo bar.

I've half a mind to make them an offer... even though it would entail scuttling my plan I had for a La Ceiba tourist emporium...

Argh!

2 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger La Gringa said...

I just finally had a chance to read about the bundu cafe. It really sounds nice and fully equipped. I think you ought to check into that.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

I cannot fully express how tempted I am to do just that... It IS a good spot, AND it's underutilized, AND the current owners are NOT idiots, (shh... no comparisons there, to say, other current mainland sellers... haha)

***I'm soooo gonna get in trouble for this, I just know it***

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

After a long convo with LL about it, he talked me off the Utila ledge, as it were.

Basically, I got really tempted by this offer, but LL reminded me of how I always wanted to be in LA CEIBA. I wanted to be there because it's an underserved market; because I KNOW that my concept will fill a need there; because if you look at random travel blogs about Ceiba, most foreigners have only nasty, derrogatory things to say about their 24 hours or so of time there, en route to the islands.

I have said for years that I would do something to fill that gap.

It would be a shame now for me to cop out and go the easy route of the already-established Bundu...

(But kudos to anyone who grabs that opportunity, b/c I do believe that it can be a fun and profitable venture.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home