Sunday, October 01, 2006

And now for a warm fuzzy feeling....

When I started this blog, (not so long ago, though it feels like an eternity to me) my purpose was twofold:

1) to share my experiences in this wild and weird journey from Minnesota to La Ceiba, in hopes that at some point they might be helpful to others.

2) to network with people in the area and hopefully gain some insight into life as a North American Expat in Central America. (And #2 essentially feeds back into #1, so long as I post info about the things I learn.)

Well, let me just say that the #2 objective has been met above my expectations. (And I've only had this blog for a couple of months!) Everyone I've contacted in Central America has been over-the-top helpful, and I feel incredibly lucky and grateful for the advice I've received.

(And please keep it coming folks... I'm still stupid about this, in many regards....)

BUT:

I have a small triumph related to objective #1.

Somebody actually contacted me to enquire about the details of moving to La Ceiba.

That's right, you heard me correctly!!!

(Pity the poor couple... hahaha... it's like the blind leading the blind, eh?)

But I still want to say a big "YAY!"

I will do what I can to help them... which will clearly amount to nothing more than sharing my own experiences and obstacles. It does feel nice though, I gotta say...

4 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Bound for Ceiba,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comment! I moved from the Midwest, US to Greece 23 years ago, but it didn't feel too radical, there were a few bumps, but everything turned out smoothly.

Your story surprised me, because we hear a lot of central and south americans who want to go to north america, but not too many Minneapolis gals heading down south, way beyond the border.

My hat off to you for taking such a daring step! Hope all goes well. Now that I've made your online acquaintance I'll be dropping in to see how you're faring "over there".
:-D

Best regards,
Athena from Athens

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

That is amazing. It is a freat example of the truly revolutionay nature of the Internet as an information for gathering and disseminating information and making connections with people all over the world.

Ra!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

Thanks for the visit, Flubberwinkle! I studied in Athens in 2003 and your blog brings back lots of memories for me - I love it!

Phoenix - yeah, the things you can accomplish with internet access are indeed incredible.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger La Gringa said...

Hmm, I wonder if it was someone I sent to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home