Wednesday, November 08, 2006

RANT!!!!!!!

So I moved into this furnished apartment, thinking I would finally get the peace and privacy I desired in the wake of a torturous week at the Hotel Italia. What a sweet dream that was... ha.

I am like an angry beta fish, sulking in my transparent bowl, nothing but a token swath of cheap plastic seaweed behind which to hide.

I like privacy. I hate people at my door. I want my home to be a refuge, where I can be sick or well, dressed or undressed, awake or asleep, without anyone else knowing, caring or bothering me.

Yeah, anyway...

First of all, my landlords are nosy. Second, they´re loud. Third, they wake up at six in the morning every day, so that they can be their loud and nosy selves outside my window JUST as the sun is coming up. Beautiful.

This particular morning, as I am on day three of a body-wracking sickness, undoubtedly caused by inadequately washed something-or-other, I sat at the kitchen table sipping tea and breathing deeply until my landlord yelled my name through the mostly closed window slats.

Fuck.

I opened the door.

¨?Va a salir?¨ he asks me, smiling brightly. (Are you going to go out?)

I stared at him dumbly for a moment, and then mumbled something to the effect that I might... like an idiot.

Great! He was pleased, since the carpenter was here to install shelves in my closet. (Note - I have been here a week and that stupid carpenter has also been on the property every day - how about a fucking 24 hour notice or something??? At this point I don´t even WANT shelves anymore, I just want to be left alone.)

So there I stand, barefoot, bra-less, unshowered. My parasitic insides roil in weak protest of any separation between them and my nice clean bathroom.

Fuck, again.

I dress and leave, wondering if the internet cafe has a public bathroom... and doubting it.

5 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Liar_Liar said...

Hot tea, warm bath, baby wipes.

And politely inform the land lord you are sick and would love a little quiet since rest would help you heal.

Or treat it like a hotel in tegusagalpa........

Either way.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Gardener in Chacala said...

It's gonna be okay!
Take a deep breath!
Everything changes, sometimes too quickly to keep up with.

You are going to find the right place to settle into.
Just hang in there and enjoy the good times.
And a chocolate chip cookie or two.
Andee

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger DON GODO said...

Talk about the landlord from hell...

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I agree-it will get better. I hate privacy violations too-SO MUCH!!! That is why sometimes my own maids annoy me because they just stare at me and it is embarassing!!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Virtuous Vituperator said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Colds and flus abound in the US as well, you're not alone or escaping wellness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home