Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thinking of a swim?

Well La Quinta Real is raking the beach now... see all the nice little piles of driftwood? I have no idea what they are going to do with them, but they raked, at any rate.



The beach at La Quinta is really the only option for swimming in La Ceiba, as far as I´ve found anyway. Stray much beyond the hotel property and you will come upon this sign:




There is another sign indicating that the water is contaminated, but for some reason I couldn´t upload that one.


2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger La Gringa said...

Maybe they will compost the driftwood and use it instead of chemicals on their plants....nah, probably not.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger DON GODO said...

Maybe you should take a quick trip up to Tela. The beaches are nicer there.

I will be in Honduras over Thanksgiving week in order to visit my wife and kids. We'll probably stay a couple of days in Tela.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home